sad silence

Monday, December 17, 2012


Although I do not have any direct connection to the lives lost in Connecticut on Friday, I can't seem to focus on much else. Having grown up through Columbine, Virginia Tech, 9-11 as well as my own personal losses, I cannot ever remember being this thoroughly shaken by such a tragic event. 

Maybe it's the victims or the proximity to the holidays, but everything else just seems frivolous. So, today's post is exactly this - a moment or a day of silence and remembrance and gratitude. 

I am thankful for a safe and healthy family and hope that my children will never have to know such violence and evil. Please keep those affected in your thoughts and prayers.

Tomorrow we will back to our regularly scheduled postings -until then
 hug your children, thank your teachers & be brave.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

leave a message

the chic curator All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Pin It button on image hover