design dilemma

Monday, February 4, 2013



Good Morning!
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Mine was quite nice - got some projects done & managed to eat 875 different kinds of appetizers during the Superbowl! I have to admit I'm not the biggest Beyonce fan, but I thought the half time show was really good!
Anyways, so this weekend I set my sights on a few decorating projects around the house. We have a little faux fireplace in the living room with a huge mirror over it. The living room has a very high vaulted ceiling & big windows {so tons of natural light} which means I've got quite a bit of space to work with.
I thought about painted the fireplace - stripes or chevron or maybe bright yellow and sticking to a simple mantle styling, but now I'm seeing all these adorably styled mantles. I love the eclectic layered look, but do I really want to dust all that crap? Right now it's just boring and bland, I need to add a little flavor and style. 

What do you guys think - simple & clean or funky and layered? 
Help! Someone please send a profesh decorator my way!

PS - Today we start a 3 day juice cleanse. Check me out on instagram for updates as we go. I'll report back once I'm done later this week with recipes, plans  feedback. Wish me luck!









0 comments:

Post a Comment

leave a message

the chic curator All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Pin It button on image hover