quick & dirty

Monday, November 5, 2012

Good Morning!
{via}


I hope you all had a great weekend. I worked on my counterproductive productivity this weekend. This means I accomplished none of the things I had planned to do, you know because I just didn't feel like it. Instead, I cleaned the house {it really needed it}, organized my shoes & did a full closet purge. None of those things were on my short list of things to get done, but they all seemed more appealing than my original "to do" list. 

So, I know I promised a run-down of this seasons designer collabs. Well this post is pretty accurately titled, because I'm going to give you exactly that - the quick and dirty. Once these collections start rolling out I will be checking them out in person and reporting back. So for now here's the internet hype for Fall/Winter 2012...



#1. Narciso Rodriguez & Kohls {yes, I said Kohls}: This is hands down the collaboration I am most looking forward to. The pieces are incredible and very true to NR's designs for his own collections. The styles are sleek, simple & feature a ton of color blocking. The best part - it rolls out this Wednesday at 7am & the majority of the collection should be available online. I for one cannot wait, but am reserving my final judgement until I can see {& feel} the collection in person.
Check it out here.

#2. Mason Martin Margiela & H&M: H&M has some great designer collections, but they are limited in distribution & availability {hello, how about some online shopping for us Americans?} This collection certainly is beautiful, but it is not practical or affordable. The designs are fairly shapeless, have bizarre fabrics & materials and prices that are way beyond H&M's normal price point. Some of the shoes are cute, but still very expensive {$200-$300} and then there's this:
{for reals?}
I will be visiting my nearest store when the collections hits November 15, but doubt I will be bringing anything home. See the collection for yourself here.

And now for the mother of all collaborators... target.

#3.  Target & TOO by Blu Dot: I bet you didn't even know this was happening, but I assure you it is amazing. The prices are decent {especially compared to Blu Dots usual} & the designs are beautiful. The collection is only available online, so I can't attest to the fabric or feel, but the designs are truly unique & provide a great alternative to shelling out the big bucks for Blu Dot designs.
Take a look here.

#4. Target & Neiman Marcus: Yes, this is real life. Talk about a dream come true, this collab features 50 truly amazing pieces, but designers like Rag & Born, DVF, Jason Wu {redemption from his underwhelming previous Target collection}. I think you should pay particular attention to the girl's collection, especially if you're lucky enough to buy them for yourself, the dresses are adorable. This collection rolls out December 1st & I'm going to call it - this is the new Black Friday.
See for yourself here.



P.S. If you need a little musical collaboration to enjoy while planning
your shopping and/or wish lists, make sure you check this out.

Lulu is the son of the late Serge Gainsbourg & half brother of Charlotte {science of sleep} recruits friends such as Johnny Depp, Vanessa Paradis, Scarlett Johansson, Rufus Wainwright & Marianne Faithfull to record a beautiful tribute to his father. Plus who doesn't want to feel a little French, especially this time of year.

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

leave a message

the chic curator All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Pin It button on image hover