quick & dirty

Monday, November 5, 2012

Good Morning!
{via}


I hope you all had a great weekend. I worked on my counterproductive productivity this weekend. This means I accomplished none of the things I had planned to do, you know because I just didn't feel like it. Instead, I cleaned the house {it really needed it}, organized my shoes & did a full closet purge. None of those things were on my short list of things to get done, but they all seemed more appealing than my original "to do" list. 

So, I know I promised a run-down of this seasons designer collabs. Well this post is pretty accurately titled, because I'm going to give you exactly that - the quick and dirty. Once these collections start rolling out I will be checking them out in person and reporting back. So for now here's the internet hype for Fall/Winter 2012...



#1. Narciso Rodriguez & Kohls {yes, I said Kohls}: This is hands down the collaboration I am most looking forward to. The pieces are incredible and very true to NR's designs for his own collections. The styles are sleek, simple & feature a ton of color blocking. The best part - it rolls out this Wednesday at 7am & the majority of the collection should be available online. I for one cannot wait, but am reserving my final judgement until I can see {& feel} the collection in person.
Check it out here.

#2. Mason Martin Margiela & H&M: H&M has some great designer collections, but they are limited in distribution & availability {hello, how about some online shopping for us Americans?} This collection certainly is beautiful, but it is not practical or affordable. The designs are fairly shapeless, have bizarre fabrics & materials and prices that are way beyond H&M's normal price point. Some of the shoes are cute, but still very expensive {$200-$300} and then there's this:
{for reals?}
I will be visiting my nearest store when the collections hits November 15, but doubt I will be bringing anything home. See the collection for yourself here.

And now for the mother of all collaborators... target.

#3.  Target & TOO by Blu Dot: I bet you didn't even know this was happening, but I assure you it is amazing. The prices are decent {especially compared to Blu Dots usual} & the designs are beautiful. The collection is only available online, so I can't attest to the fabric or feel, but the designs are truly unique & provide a great alternative to shelling out the big bucks for Blu Dot designs.
Take a look here.

#4. Target & Neiman Marcus: Yes, this is real life. Talk about a dream come true, this collab features 50 truly amazing pieces, but designers like Rag & Born, DVF, Jason Wu {redemption from his underwhelming previous Target collection}. I think you should pay particular attention to the girl's collection, especially if you're lucky enough to buy them for yourself, the dresses are adorable. This collection rolls out December 1st & I'm going to call it - this is the new Black Friday.
See for yourself here.



P.S. If you need a little musical collaboration to enjoy while planning
your shopping and/or wish lists, make sure you check this out.

Lulu is the son of the late Serge Gainsbourg & half brother of Charlotte {science of sleep} recruits friends such as Johnny Depp, Vanessa Paradis, Scarlett Johansson, Rufus Wainwright & Marianne Faithfull to record a beautiful tribute to his father. Plus who doesn't want to feel a little French, especially this time of year.

Enjoy!

2 comments:


  1. table mate 3,
    laptop table foldable,
    multi table table mate,
    laptop table,
    table mate 2,
    foldable table mate,
    table mate chennai,
    table max 2.0,
    table max double top table,
    swing max telebuy.

    table mate 3
    laptop table foldable
    multi table table mate
    laptop table
    table mate flipkart
    table mate 2
    foldable table mate
    table mate chennai
    table max 2.0
    table max double top table
    swing max telebuy
    https://www.tablemate.in/product/solid-multi-table-mate-with-cup-holder-tablemate-one-plus-one-offer/


    ReplyDelete


  2. table mate 3,
    laptop table foldable,
    multi table table mate,
    laptop table,
    table mate 2,
    foldable table mate,
    table mate chennai,
    table max 2.0,
    table max double top table,
    swing max telebuy.

    table mate 3
    laptop table foldable
    multi table table mate
    laptop table
    table mate flipkart
    table mate 2
    foldable table mate
    table mate chennai
    table max 2.0
    table max double top table
    swing max telebuy
    https://www.tablemate.in

    ReplyDelete

leave a message

the chic curator All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Pin It button on image hover