sock it to me

Thursday, November 29, 2012


I hate socks. Period. 

They bunch up & that stupid seam across the toe is very annoying. If I had my way I would live in flip flops. Unfortunately, frostbite is not in fashion this season - so I am forced to step into some socks. 
My go-to from the knees down for winter workwear is riding boots and a skirt. Unless I can manage to get into tights without snagging them, this means I have to wear boot socks.

Trying to zip my boots up around my thick {but oh so adorable} socks is not the kind of obstacle I feel like tackling at 7:00 am. As a result I usually abandon my cutie-bootie socks and wear something boring & thin just so I can make out the door.

Just when I was about to give up, a miracle happened... Ok, so it was just Pinterest {obviously} but it made my day, so I'm sticking with miracle. I found this glorious lil' gem...


{via}

Immediately, I ran to my drawers and started pulling out some sacrificial sweaters {that's a lot of "s"!} & chopped the sleeves off. This perfect little trick lets you rock the thick sock trend without having to worry about snagging zippers & cramped cankles.

A little extra tip: head over to Goodwill for some men's sweaters, 
then you won't have to part with your own!


you are welcome!


dreaming about that rebecca minkoff bag? 
head over to Facebook and "like" the chic curator for one entry &
follow me on Pinterest for a second!




images via: 1.2.3.4.5.6.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

leave a message

the chic curator All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Pin It button on image hover