updates & a little venting

Tuesday, January 29, 2013



Good Morning! I hope you all have been having a wonderful 2013, January has been dragging a bit for me, so hurry up February & get here!  

I had a nice weekend setting up my new Mac desktop and busting out some orders for my etsy shop. I am surprised by how much I enjoy making my little signs and balloons & cannot wait to finish up a very large wedding order. Make sure to follow along with my progress over on instagram.

Sean and I put in some serious movie time this weekend too. We saw Argo, Silver Linings Playbook and Django Unchained. I told you it was serious. Argo was good, I love anything with Alan Arkin! He's my fav and the dynamic between him and John Goodman's character was really refreshing given the tense subject matter. Silver Linings was a bit exhausting, but that was the point & the dance scene was hysterical. Django was good, but super violent & insanely offensive. I cannot stand the n-word and no joke it was every other word. It must have the record for most used in 2 hours. 

All were worth watching, but I'm not sure any will pull in the win at the oscars. Daniel Day Lewis has some pretty good award mojo so I think Lincoln will take it home.

Besides all the movie watching and tassel making, I've been thinking a lot about this blog and where I'd like it to go and how I want it to be. At first I only wanted to be the voice behind, no pics or personal information, but that really only makes this a high-maintence pinterest. So I've decided to focus a lot more on creating unique & original content that reflects my personality. 

Obviously, there will still be days when I just want to look at some pretty pics, but sometimes that's exactly what I need. I hope to take on some DIYs, inject a little bit more narrative into my posts and share my budget-conscious design & wardrobe building ideas.

I'd love to hear feedback on what you guys are interested in, so please lay it on me.  

Have a great week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

leave a message

the chic curator All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Pin It button on image hover