business as...unusual

Monday, April 1, 2013




Good Morning! I hope you all had a nice holiday weekend. We laid low & enjoyed the sunshine. Please, please, please let winter be over- I cannot deal with snow in April. 

I mentioned last week that I had some business cards made just in time for the W4W event. My business cards were designed by me and printed by a local letterpress, little cleveland press. I loved that I was able to work with someone local & even if you're not a clevelander I would highly recommend little cleveland. Once all the details were worked out it only took about 2 days before the cards were on my doorstep. The ordering was by far the easiest part of the experience. 

I knew right away that I wanted one side to have something impactful. The reality is that most business cards get thrown away, so I tried to create something that could be pinned up on an inspiration board or was interesting enough so be spared from the trash.

The "holy chic" is the perfect tagline for the blog - a combination of the blog name with a little snark. The font is "Lobster" & it's free here. The kraft paper is durable & a little unusual for traditional business cards. As you can see below I had cards printed in black ink and gold foil. All these details hopefully work to create a business card that people think is cute & worth holding on to.

{I love the gold, but think I'll have the next round of gold printed on white paper, so there's more contrast}



The backs were intentionally left blank as I wanted some flexibility on the contact information. I decided to print some clear labels with the contact information I thought appropriate for the event. The labels will allow me to update or change as needed. 

I opted to use blog-specific contact information for this event, but I am able to add things like my name & phone number thanks to the labels.


{up close & personal}




The labels are smaller than a standard business card so they leave enough blank space to include a little note or my phone number. This blank space is great for including a hand written note in all the etsy shop orders. 

I truly couldn't be happier. The cards reflect my personality & the blog without being safe or too generic. My hope is that this unique take will save these bad boys from getting tossed.

Do you have any tips or thoughts on business cards for bloggers? 

P.S. my next blogger business to explore will be media kits, so stayed turned.

Happy April Fools!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

leave a message

the chic curator All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Pin It button on image hover